So here is my list of 100 things to do while I’m trying to figure out what it is that I’m supposed to do. This isn’t my bucket list, but things that I can accomplish with limited funds while I’m trying to get my life in order. I will update my blog as I accomplish them, along with my reading of 100 banned books. This list is totally random, as you will come to see, but manageable. Every thing is something I can accomplish within the next year operating on my minimum wage budget. Well, except for maybe paying off my medical bills. I am certainly going to try though. I am also not going to put a time limit on when I am supposed to do all this because I really want to focus on reading those 100 banned books first. I can only do so much after all. This should help cut down on my random internet time though. Yay usefulness? Some of theses things I have taken from other life lists I have seen on the interwebs and some of them are completely made up by me or one of my friends. Regardless, it was all put together in the past four hours. So here goes.
At the bottom I have included a link for the song I’ve been jamming to tonight. It’s a bit retro and the actual video is a bit sexist and dumb, so I’m just going with the lyric video. Enjoy!
1. Go to Slice of New York Pizza dressed as Raphael the TMNT and eat pizza.
2. Learn how to play “I Believe in a Thing Called Love,” by The Darkness on my beautiful guitar, Louie.
3. Make a response video to Jenna Marbles.
4. Sing “99 Luftballoons,” auf Deutsch, without looking at the lyrics for a full karaoke crowd.
5. Do Viveca Jansen’s “Piloxing” workout all the way through- even the ab section.
6. Go to a Latin or swing dancing club.
7. Fix that red dress I bought a year ago and never fixed for my upperness.
8. Hit up the vintage store on Commercial.
9. Wear the pearls my grandmother gave me for an evening
10. Nerf gun war!
11. Graduate mother effing college.
12. Fix my knee-high doc martens
13. Convince a DJ to play Blackstreet’s “No Diggity.” Dance off.
14. Do something fucking awesome on Halloween.
15. Do something fucking awesome for New Year’s Eve.
16. Get a new job 05/19/13
*Ahem update: Get a new job that I don’t hate.
17. Keep my room organized
18. Write a collection of short stories
19. Ride a motorcycle
20. Do a marathon
21. Somehow miraculously find a way to pay off all my medical bills
22. Dress like a superhero for a day
23. Surprise someone with a gift, however small, once a month.
24. Make a work of art.
25. Learn how to make a sushi roll
26. Buy a ukulele (My old one broke)
27. Complete this list
28. Blog for 100 days
29. Take ugly and awful “couples pictures” with Dana to horrify and provoke loved ones.
30. Audition for a play or musical
31. Sky Dive
32. Watch a play at a professional theatre
34. Go a week without complaining
35. Send gay porn to the West Boro Baptist Church
36. Use my airbrush
37. Quit eating fried foods for a couple of months
38. Write a song
39. Have a conversation in German
40. Take Dana on a date- pay for everything
41. Pull off a completely righteous prank
42. Write a letter to future self
43. Quit a bad habit
44. Write a children’s book (have Ducky illustrate)
45. Light a Chinese lantern and send it off
46. Visit every second hand book store in my favorite coastal town
47. Restore the cameras I am borrowing from my aunt
48. Do a pin-up shoot
49. Plant a willow tree on the family farm
50. Go to a movie by myself
51. Buy stock in something
52. Learn how to make a bomb-ass lemon drop martini
53. Learn how to make bomb-ass spicy hot wings
54. Sponsor a child abroad
55. Go to a religious service of a religion I am not familiar with
56. Take a class just because I’m interested in the subject
57. Learn the Thriller dance all the way through
58. Do a perfect cartwheel
59. Go to a good showing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show as Magenta
60. Make an audio book
61. Go Rollerskating again
62. Test for my brown belt
63. Go to the biggest nearby art museum
64. Write a letter to an author telling them I’ve read their work
65. Have a family photo taken before my sister’s wedding
66. Have a Disney movie marathon
67. Find my perfect shade of red lipstick
68. Write a letter to a celebrity
69. Do 5 pull-ups
70. Go see the Blue Man Group (again)
71. Start a savings fund for my nephew
72. Send a secret to post secret
73. Memorize 3 works of poetry
74. Start a savings fund for me and Dana
75. Get a tattoo of something I love
76. Go to one of dad’s games or matches he is coaching
77. Make a recipe book
78. Write my bucket list and with pomp and circumstance
79. Outshine Dana in karaoke
80. Write a letter to my mom
81. Write a letter to my Grandpa
82. Give my Papa a spoon
83. Make a custom t shirt for someone
84. Start a food or mud fight
85. Leave an outrageous tip
86. Attempt to make a recurve bow. (Or at least get one and learn how to shoot it)
87. Finish “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” series
88. Be in my sister’s wedding
89. Perform for an event
90. Watch a full-length opera
91. Practice meditation
92. Make a knight hoodie
93. Shoot off a mini-canon
94. Learn a staff form in TKD
95. Make graffiti
96. Donate my books to someone who needs them
97. Write a feminist blog entry
98. Celebrate the accomplishments of a friend
99. Take a long, starlit walk
100. Send a package full of ‘Murica to my friend in Portugal